When to See a Chiropractor for Low Back Pain
The focused advocacy of chiropractors is to treat almost any kind of neuro-musculoskeletal complaints, and is also working hand in hand with spine specialists for multi-disciplinary spine consultations. The diagnosis is guided accordingly to a chart of distinctive categorization; for example, if the case is potentially serious (infection, tumor, fractures, cauda equine, and many more), if there are nerve problems and if the case is rather non-specific (there is no distinguishable cause for the pain). The services for patients may vary depending upon their cases: there are customary body and muscle manipulation, while ultrasound, diathermy, and electrical muscle stimulation may be a necessity.
One of the common problems being treated by chiropractors is lower back pain, which affects 31 million Americans. It is estimated that 75%-85% of the population will experience lower back pain at some point in their lives. Millar Chiropractic – Madison AL, Chiropractor Madison AL, specializes in Low Back Pain. Pain in the lower back may go away on its own, but what if it doesn’t this time? What if the pain becomes unbearable? More to point, is it time to see a chiropractor?
In line with that, below are instances where chiropractor care should be sought:
- If a sharp, shooting back pain is bothering you for more than 2-3 days, see a chiropractor right away.
- If muscle weakness is already experienced caused by lower back pain. There are cases in which pain in the lower back has traveled all the way to the back of the leg or below the knee.
- If walking on your heels or your toes becomes a struggle, this calls of a chiropractor. This could be a symptom of a more serious problem that needs to be addressed by the right physician.
- If one already has lost control of his bladder or bowel movements. Immediately seek help.
- If the pain already interferes with your daily routine and you feel like the situation isn’t getting any better.
Chiropractor Madison AL
If the pain was caused by an injury or a fall, then it is imperative to be checked thoroughly by a chiropractor, such as Dr. Justin Walbom DC, Chiropractor Madison AL of the Millar Chiropractic Clinics. Here, the proper diagnoses are done, and more importantly to decipher where the pain originated from the four back areas: the thoracic, cervical, sacral spine, and the lumbar. Each of these extents is specified with readings and a chiropractor can assist you to attain the relief you require. These trained professionals use their talented hands upon spinal manipulation, and assists the appropriate alignment of an individual’s musculoskeletal structure. As soon as an appointment’s been made, physical examination and lab tests will be scheduled.
More information about their services Contact Dr. Justin Walbom, DC at Millar Chiropractic – Madison AL. Call (256) 430-2700.