Zithromax (Azithromycin) drug review
Zithromax is the most known name of the semi-synthetic antibiotic with an unpatented name Azithromycin. The brand Zithromax is owned by one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, Pfizer. It is an expensive medication so if you want to get it cheaper you should buy Zithromax generic online from a reputable online drugstore like RxShopMD.com. The formula of the medication is known and no longer can be used by a single company so this best selling antibiotic and the most prescribed one can be found significantly cheaper than you’ve been offered at the local drugstores.
When is Zithromax used?
The oral form of the medication is appointed for:
– Infections of upper and lower respiratory tract, e.g. tonsillitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc.
– Infections of nose, ears, and throat.
– Infections of urinary tract;
– Infections of skin and tissues;
– Lyme disease;
– Stomach ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori.
Please keep in mind that the formulations based on Azithromycin are effective only against bacterial infections. They mustn’t be used for viral or fungal infections.
The infusions with the medication are made in case of severe infections caused by the strains of bacteria sensitive to the drug:
– Community-acquired pneumonia;
– Infectious and inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs.
Contraindications’ for Zithromax use
The use of the formulation is prohibited in:
– Intolerance of the active and supplementary components of the tablets;
-Intolerance of macrolide antibiotics;
– Severe liver or kidney failure;
– Age under twelve years (tablets, capsules).
The use is possible only under a doctor’s supervision in:
– Liver or kidneys dysfunction;
– Arrhythmia or predisposition to arrhythmia and QT interval extension.
Adverse effects the medication can cause
– Lightheadedness, headache, paresthesia, agitation, fatigue, drowsiness, nervousness, anxiety, sleep disturbance, conjunctivitis.- Pain in the chest, rapid heartbeat;
– Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, abdominal pain, constipation, discoloration of the tongue, colitis, pancreatitis, liver necrosis;
– Vaginal candidiasis, nephritis;
– Skin rash, itching, urticaria, angioedema, anaphylactic shock, bronchospasm, and others.
The probability of adverse reactions development depends on the existing diseases, dosages taken, and personal tolerance of the medication.
Please buy generic Zithromax only after consulting your doctor.